Tuesday, May 19, 2009

JUST ONE

YOU may be thinking, "What difference can I make? Let me remind YOU what a difference JUST ONE made...

  • In 1645 JUST ONE gave Oliver Cromwell control of England
  • In 1649 JUST ONE caused Charles 1 of England to be executed
  • In 1776 JUST ONE gave America the English language instead of German
  • In 1839 JUST ONE gave Marcus Morton governorship of Massachusetts
  • In 1845 JUST ONE brought Texas into the Union
  • In 1868 JUST ONE saved Andrew Jackson from impeachment
  • In 1875 JUST ONE changed France from a monarchy to a Republic
  • In 1876 JUST ONE gave Rutherford B. Hayes the presidency
  • In 1923 JUST ONE gave Adolf Hitler control of the Nazi Party
  • In 1941 JUST ONE saved the Selective Service System just 12 weeks before Pearl Harbor
  • And don't forget that the efforts of JUST ONE atheist removed prayer and Bible reading from our schools
Ethan Allen, a hero of the American Revolution said, "I am only one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something. What I can do, I ought to do; what I ought to do, by God's grace, I shall do."

Hat tip: Lou Copes

0 comments: